Thursday, May 13, 2010

Great Cookies Make a Great Mum

Last week was my toddler's 3rd birthday, and after I got over the shock that he was turning 3, I needed to make something for him to take to pre-school.

Of course in this day in age, it's not just as easy as cupcakes and toffee like when we had a cake stall at school. Now there are the dreaded allergies to consider. For our kindy it's nuts and eggs. Nuts are pretty easy to avoid, but making a cake that tastes ok, without eggs, not so easy.

So I hit the internet and found a few options but then one of my favourite ingredients and favourite cooks came to my rescue. Condensed milk and Betty Crocker!! Then end result was yummy chewy choc chip cookies with chocolate freckles on top, thanks condensed milk. But it was Betty who made them really special, thanks to a trick I saw on a packet of her very own cookie mix. So the cookies were transformed into cookie lollipops.



Now they might not look super flash in the photo but they were a raging success with both kids and other Mum's! Lots of "wow look at those" and "you'll have to give me the recipe!". Enough to make me blush with pride and to boost the self esteem to the dizzying heights of baking success!!
Today I felt like a great Mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I