Saturday, February 27, 2010

Baby 0.5 - The Nappy Test

In these tough economical times I've strayed from the ever reliable Huggies to test out some cheaper brands. Not that I'm a nappy snob but in the past they have been the one brand that has survived anything an explosive babies bum can throw at them!

So this time around I went with Babylove, the brand that has even been advertising the Poo Poo Pouch to catch even the nastiest of poos.

http://www.babyloveclub.com.au/?Poopoopouch

Well here is my unofficial review.

It's been 4 days so far and I must report that the Babylove's did not live up to even a wee let alone an explosive pumpkin fuelled diarrhoea!

Day 2 hubby had Baby 0.5 laying on his lap and all of a sudden had a warm sensation on his leg........ say no more.

Day 4 today and my poor unsuspecting brother looked down whilst cuddling Baby 0.5. We were outside having a BBQ and he thought he spotted a stray spot of dip on his leg and then on his shirt .......... well it WAS pumpkin but not the type mixed with pine nuts that goes with a nice cracker! Thank god he didn't lick it to see what it was!!

Now my brother gags at the smell, sight and even thought of baby poo so to find himself wearing it was very unsettling for him. It was of course hilarious for us as he stood frozen with fear trying not to gag and holding our poor baby girl out at arms length as he begged us to rescue him.

So from the men in our family it's a big FAIL for the Babylove nappies. Time to go back to the Huggies!

2 comments:

  1. Hi kizoir,

    Not sure if you have been to Aldis but there nappies i must say have worked like a charm & their very cheap.

    Stacey Abatzis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I used them for Owen when he got a bit older. The newborn ones don't seem to fit my babies bums. I might try them next though.

    ReplyDelete

I