Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Can I lose it?

I'm not talking about losing my mind here, that happens to me at least once a week or after a few too many sleepless nights. You can usually tell when I'm still in my pyjamas at 11am or the kids are eating baked beans on toast for dinner!

What I'm working to lose at the moment is the dreaded weight left over from having a baby. Although if I'm 100% honest it's actually weight from before Baby 0.5 and quite possibly from my addiction to all things sweet.

Breastfeeding Benefits
I'm currently riding that wonderful wave of steady weight linked to still breastfeeding and so I can eat a lot of things I shouldn't without paying too a high a price for it. But thanks to baby 0.5 starting to sleep through and a very noticeable change in my hormones, I think maybe things might be about to change.

I paid the price last time when my chocolate addiction continued well after breastfeeding finished and my weight went up and up. So this time I would like to avoid the same thing but that's easier said then done.

The Family Challenge
My husband, Dad and Father in-law have all joined a challenge with me to lose 4 kgs by Easter, which is a reasonable quest but still I am failing and I can tell you exactly why....... I'm eating way too much and not doing ANY exercise. So what am I whingeing about, all I need to do is get off my butt and try!

As straight forward as it all sounds I still struggle every day to find the motivation, after all, looking after two young kids is tough, don't I deserve a cup of tea and a choccie biscuit?

Today though I'll say, that's enough, toughen up and put the biscuit down!

So, 5 weeks and 4 kgs to go. All I have to do is get through my birthday and chocolate cake on Friday..........

No comments:

Post a Comment

I