Monday, March 8, 2010

Boob Denial

My boobs have been an asset to me for a long time now. I think it started back at Uni when I discovered what power my natural gift and a good push up bra could achieve. Aaah the countless free drinks the girls got me back at the Powerhouse night club!

This week however they have failed me and I'm feeling very dejected. They have lost their appeal to one person who has had more affection for them than even my husband, Baby 0.6.

You Mean Those Boobs Are For MeI know babies become more efficient at feeding and get faster but all of a sudden I'm lucky if my baby girl feeds for 4 minutes each side. This started quite suddenly and happens even for her first feed of the day when she should be starving. She has a last feed about 7.30pm and then feeds again anytime from 4am to 7am. So even after 9 or so hours without a feed she's on then off.

Part of it I know is distraction, Baby 0.6 can't dare miss a second of any sort of excitement and by her definition a shadow moving is worth front row seats! She doesn't seem hungry either but after losing my milk at 4 months with Toddler 2.10 my anxiety levels with milk supply are pretty high. She is eating 2 meals of solids a day and her weight seems ok, so am I just freaking myself out?

Maybe if I pull out one of my old push up bras again she might find them more appealing?!
Have you experienced the same? Do you have any tips? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I