Wednesday, March 24, 2010

From Martha Stewart to Bill Murray

I hear you say, what the??

I'm talking about the endless cycle of ups and downs of being a stay at home mum.


Two days ago - I pureed my own fruit for my baby, very Martha Stewart, especially for me. Don't think I'm too wonderful though. My departure from my good friends Heinz is mainly driven by financial constraints.
93246__martha_l

Today - Groundhog Day, hence the Bill Murray reference. The washing is my most tormenting roundabout that I just can't get off. No sooner have you sorted and soaked and sprayed and scrubbed and then washed it, then it's time to hang it all out. Of course then it's time to fold it all and then find a spot for it to live before someone can poo, spew or spill on it again!

Then BBBBUUUUZZZZZZZZZ the Groundhog Day alarm goes off and it all starts again, sort, soak, scrub, blah, blah, blah.

BillMurrayGroundhog.jpg


This phenomenon isn't just limited to the washing either, Bill Murray also plays the lead in my world of feeding the kids, changing the kids, negotiating with the kids and of course trying to get them to sleep when you want them to!

It seems I'm at the bottom of my 6 week cycle, when I just can't face it all over again. A cup of tea, some chocolate and an hour or so of trashy TV should get me back on course.

That is of course, until another 6 weeks has passed, BBBBUUUUZZZZZZZ!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Maybe treat it like the Karate Kid. Mr.Miagi would teach Daniel Sun karate moves as he painted fences and washed cars. What appeared mundane was actually an educational experience that moved him closer to his end goal. Maybe there is an extra benefit to domestic chores to be found??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Anonymous you may just be male for that unique perspective on cleaning! I've been working on it but have struggled to come up with an end goal that these tasks are getting me closer too!

    ReplyDelete

I