Monday, March 8, 2010

Super Mum - NOT NORMAL!!!


So whilst browsing through the internet, looking for websites that offer advice from other mums, I found "Beyond the Baby". It's quite a beautiful site although a lot of the links have no information in them - Toddlers, Little Children.

I did however stumble upon the little gem below..... Now be warned if you are a mum like me, who just does what needs to be done to get through the day and maybe gets to vacuum under the lounge once or twice a year, be prepared. This woman calls herself "Super Organiser Mum" and they may just be an understatement. You only need to look at the photos and read a few lines here and there to get the idea!


I mean no disrespect to her and if I'm honest I'm probably a little jealous of her life, but the level of perfection is ridiculous. The scrapbooking ok, she has the time obviously but scroll down to see her FAQ's on laundry!! She includes photos of her laundry and well, I think she lives in a display home, OR has a housekeeper. It gets better when she shows you a picture of the meal she made for another family, tagged with a beautifully hand made card and ribbon. Super Organiser Mum is going to do this once a month, BLESS!!

I'm sorry, but this woman is the reason people have such high expectations of mothers and why the "normal" Mum's like me feel like failures half of the time.


From me to my kids - I'm sorry I didn't scrapbook all your artwork but I kept them on the wall for months and only took them down when the Blu-Tac wore off.

From me to my friends and family - I'm sorry I don't cook meals for you and hand deliver them with sweet little notes, but beans on toast just doesn't travel well.

And well about my laundry....... here it is. I just haven't quite got around to labeling everything.

1 comment:

  1. I think 'super organiser mum' may have an obsessive compulsive disorder - a trait I seem to lack.

    ReplyDelete

I