Thursday, February 4, 2010

World Worst Mum???

We all have our fair share of mothers guilt at the best of times. Then there's always something in the news telling us something else we're doing wrong to scar our kids for life. I'm just waiting for a study that shows watching the Wiggles will turn your children gay!

Based on all of this criteria I quite often fall into the category of what they call a "bad Mum". Of course in reality I'm just like most other Mum's and doing the best job I know how. And whether my kids grow up wearing multi-coloured skivvies or even gay, they will know I love them no matter what.

But finally there is a time when I do actually agree with a media label of Worlds Worst Mum. You know who she is, the woman who got her 5 year old drunk enough to blow 0.09!!!

http://www.news.com.au/national/victorian-mum-gets-son-5-totally-drunk/story-e6frfkvr-1225826103320

What the?? I know being a parent is tough and confusing but come one lets get back to basics.

Rule 1: Don't let your kids play with knives or matches

Rule 2: Only give your kids milk to drink, not White Russians!!!

Probably an equal offender though is the judge who gave her a suspended sentence, even though she had been in court before. Should the kids be taken away or are they really better off being with their Mum?
(The mother) told police she "just wanted to have a drink with her son because he likes his alcohol"
I would hate to see any kid get put into the red tape of foster homes but where do you draw the line? Lets hope next time it's not more alcohol, or god forbid more serious drugs and of course that's if anyone even knows about it!!

What do you think should happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I