Friday, January 29, 2010

I need more Mums in my life!!

Now I never would have thought I would be saying I need more people and more commitments in my life. I already struggle to see the friends I have and do what I need done, done. Not that I'm the worlds most popular person who has so many friends I can't keep up. It's just between the kids, the house, the hubby, the poo and the spew clean ups, I don't have a lot of spare time flying around.

I suppose what I'm after though is quality not quantity. Having just had bub number 2, so I'm an old pro, I wasn't offered the option of joining a mothers group. I avoided it partly because of the feeling of guilt of turning on my current group but I hear the same story from them. To be honest I didn't think I needed it or that I had time to fit it in to my life. WRONG!!

Now if you bought one car, say a Porsche (yeah I'm dreaming here) and then 2 years later you bought another one, you could expect that they would be pretty similar and you wouldn't have to read the manual again. In fact you might even get lucky and the second model might be even better than the first! I suppose looking back maybe I was a little delusional in thinking that kids might be a little like Porsches. Saying it out loud definitely makes it sound crazy. I really thought that baby number 2 would be pretty similar to the first one, of course just with a different personality, again, WRONG!

cartoon.jpg
Not only is baby 2 completely different, with all the lack of sleep and the 2 years that has passed, I can barely remember any of the milestones from the first time around. So I am pining for another Mothers Group, more Mum's who are at the same stage as me with their babies who I can compare notes with. Is it normal for my baby's poo to be this colour? Am I the only Mum who hasn't slept for 4 months?

With all the support, books, and advice out there, there is still only one true fountain of knowledge that can keep you sane and that is other Mum's. So if you're a Mum with a 4 and a half month old baby, and even better, a toddler as well. Share your woes and wonders with me, PLEASE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I